Is a new career what you secretly wish for?
Do you find that every time you think about your desire to follow a new path, you find yourself seeing failure?
Desire for change, is the start of the journey towards that new career.
Does what you do now, align with your vision of success?
What is success?
Success was always material to me. Having a house, a nice car and working for an organisation I could feel proud of. I wanted people to see me as successful, but was I living up to my definition of success or someone else’s?
These things were important, but didn’t define me.
I hid behind them because I was afraid people wouldn’t accept me for being me. I thought I should be seen as successful otherwise I’d have failed at life.
Having an amazing job in a global organisation was fantastic, but it didn’t sustain happiness.
I came to realize that success is being true to myself and my values.
5 Steps to success?
- Get clarity on your life values as these become your key drivers.
- Identify how your values match your current career path?
- What needs to change to align with your values?
- Then it’s blue sky thinking time;
- What would you like your life to look like in 10 years?
- What’s achievable in the next 12 months?
- Set your goals
- Reflect on how you feel about your values and your short and long term life vision.
It’s important to make the time investment to get clarity on who you are, and what your values are.
Only then can you define success.
If you need more information on how to determine your values, watch my video The Importance of Values in Achieving Goals
Are you ready for new year success?
If you are, contact me for a complimentary 30-minute call.
All calls are confidential and focus on discussing the support you require.
Life Coach and Change Consultant